How to Apply for Korean Tourist Visa for OFWs

"It was just our dream to go Korea, but we are finally here!" - My mama




It's been 2 months after my trip to a month long vacation from Dubai - Bangkok - Manila - Seoul - Manila - Dubai (that was basically my itinerary). 

Me and my family had been planning to visit South Korea once I go home for my vacation to use their Multiple Visa already which is supposed to expire on October 2019. They had their visa ever since before I moved from Bangkok but due to difficulties at work, I have not been home for 3 years. 



Since I am based in UAE, the first plan was to apply my Tourist Visa in the Consulate General of Republic of Korea in Dubai however they had released an announcement on March 2019 that the person should be residing in UAE for 2 years in order to apply for the visa based on nationality. The trip was planned on August, and I was supposed to apply for visa on June or July however due to the announcement, I had no choice but to apply in the Philippines instead. 

If you wish to apply in Dubai, here are the requirements for Employed workers:
1. Completed visa application form
2. Passport-sized photo 
3. Original Passport and copy
4. UAE Residence visa copy
5. No objection letter (issued by your company)
6. Bank statement with stamp

Come to the time that I have to apply in the Philippines for the visa. We arrived on August 17 but due to weekends and holidays going, I was only able to submit my requirements and application on August 20. I have requested for the Bank Certificate and Bank Statement on the same day because it was Quezon City day on the 19th. 

In the Philippines, due to the high volume of application received by the embassy, visa application will now have to go through designated Travel Agencies (click for the list) with a fee. 

I have checked most of the agencies based on where the office is located (because traffic is hell), application period and lastly the reviews. From the list, I have chosen International Journeys. Although they are located far from our home, they follow the time frame that I would require to receive my visa. Note that I have applied for Express Visa (2 - 3 days processing for an additional P1000). 

I have inquired my concerns through Facebook and they would accommodate you very swiftly. 



Here are the requirements that I have submitted but I would recommend to check according to your category and with the agency that you are going.

1. Accomplished application form (typewritten on A4 paper)

2. Passport size colored picture (white background) 
- there are photo studios where you can inform them which visa are you applying and they would know it immediately. 

3. Original passport and copy

4. Photocopy of valid visa & stamps to any country for the last 5 years. 
- I have a previous Korean Tourist Visa issued in Bangkok on my old passport which I used on 2014 and this was a major plus. I have been to Hong Kong and Macau in 2017, Thailand for my employment from 2013 - 2017 and just had recently stamped from Thailand again 2019 before going to the Philippines. 

5. Photocopy of Employment Contract
- I have also submitted a No Objection letter issued by my company as an additional document. The contract that I have submitted was stamped and verified by POLO Dubai. 

6. Original Bank Certificate and Bank Statement for the last 3 months
- As I mentioned, I have requested for both on the same day (depending on your bank) I have submitted my application. Also, my account only has deposited amount (no withdrawals) with last transaction on March 2019 so I have requested for 6 months statement to show more details. No specific amount required but make sure that the amount in your account can support your trip. 

** OFWs are not required to submit an ITR. 



Then waiting game comes and I am so anxious because it's only my visa that we are waiting. Basically, I have submitted on the 20th but they were only able to go to the consulate on 22nd, and counting for 2 -3 days of the express visa, my visa is scheduled to be released on 27th (not counting the weekends). 

On 26th, I have checked the status of my application at this Korean Visa Portal. Choose Diplomatic Office > Passport No. > Name (Last Name First Name Middle Name, no comma) > Date of Birth


*This was the actual result

My passport was released on 27 August (2 holidays were in the same week, 21 and 26) but I picked it up on the 28 August, same day of our flight :)

Then I was finally stress-free!!!! Hello Korea!











0 Comments